Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Music

Every so often, I am endowed by some higher power, or the basest part of my brain at least, with desire and ambition – the wherewithall to research my endeavors in a more full degree. Today, I thought about promoting my music, and thus followed.

Some say, iTunes Music Store (i.M.S.) is the greatest since sliced white bread. See Carl Hoover and his Tribune Herald.

Some say, i.M.S. fails musicians and customers a like. See the Downhill Battle blog.
In order to sell online, apparently, you need one of these, a UPC (thanks About [dot] com). About's article bestows some really great tips, aside from simple UPC acquisition.
Of course, there is always Myspace [dot] com's free music player. Though I have been out of the Myspace game for a bit, it seems a major flaw in that route is a lack of the purposeful search engine. Think Pandora.

Thinking about Pandora, logically lead me to search articles discussing the dot Com and other similar services. Lo! and Behold! Steve Krause has Pandora and Last [dot] fm on lock-down. By clicking Steve's link, you welcome a lengthy, intelligent comparison of the two music-finding engines. However, how a musician obtains a covetted spot on either of the sites remains a mystery.

The possession has passed and I have e-mailed Pandora in order to find out the answer to this last question.

-Bill

No comments: