Friday, July 17, 2009

Curses and flower pedals

What was so outward about these ladies I loved? Was it their abilities to self-express, unabash'ed of their natural whiles?

I'm reclining in a Vietnamese hovel. It is a natural space for a quant coffee shop; I'm glad someone thought to put one here.

However redundant it is to report, the constant drone of motorbikes fills the air. They are a mainstay of Vietnam, or as far as my city-dwelling head knows best. Muffled lawn mowers and cartoon-like horns can be heard in any nook or cranie and from any elevation. My thoughts lean toward Lauren and forbidden love.

Perhaps, such a place is the reason. So far from the Western world, I am seeking solace in vapor memories. I am too harsh. The girl does not have it out for me. I have it out for her. I do not enjoy being quietly lied to or deceived face-to-face. Then again, she did not out right dismiss me, either. Truth be told, I enjoy her energy.

Curse the internet. It connects, and disconnects, us in very un-natural ways.

No comments: